Attorney Profile: Mark B. Baer
Pasadena Family Lawyer & Mediator
At Mark B. Baer, Inc., a Professional Law Corporation, we assist people in becoming independent of their spouses or significant others with integrity, by evaluating and facilitating solutions that are respectful to each other and their families.
We accomplish this by providing a thoughtful, creative, and caring environment. Our vision and experience equip people with a new set of skills that strengthen and empower them to better cope with future challenges.
Accomplishments & Awards
- Named "Most Compassionate Family Mediator" in California for 2015.
- Author: "The Power of Empathy," Huffington Post, December 8, 2014.
- Author: "'How To Select The Best Mediator' Is a Must Read for Everyone," Huffington Post, November 18, 2014.
- Author: "When Divorcing, Don't Hire a Pit Bull Attorney," Psychology Today, October 8, 2014.
- Author: "The Impact of Relationship Apps on Family Dynamics," Huffington Post, June 19, 2014.
- Author: "'Collaborative Divorce' Is Collaborative in Name Only," DR Currents - A Publication of the Dispute Resolution Section of the State Bar of Georgia, 2014.
- Author: "3 Things To Think About Before Filing For Divorce," MariaShriver.com, February 12, 2014.
- Author: 12 part "Expose' on 'Divorce Corp.', the "documentary" film, Blogs on Divorce, January 2014.
- Author: "The Perfect Storm: Lawyer Limitations and the Adversarial Model in
- Family Law," The American Journal of Family Law, Winter 2014.
- Author: Heal from past relationships to help you move on and find love," ExpertBeacon, 2013.
- Author, "When the Law Is Involved, Do Feelings and Notions of Fairness Matter?", DR Currents - A Publication of the Dispute Resolution Section of the State Bar of Georgia, 2013.
- Author: "Inside the Minds: Strategies for Family Law in California," 2013 ed., published by Aspatore Books, 2013.
- Author: "Navigating the Emotional Waters within Collaborative Family Law," The World of Collaborative Practice magazine, March 2013.
- Author: "Are You Facilitating the Creation of a Post-Divorce Functional or Dysfunctional Family?", The World of Collaborative Practice magazine, May 1, 2012.
- Columnist: San Gabriel Valley Psychological Association newsletter
- Blogger: Huffington Post
- "Top Attorney," Pasadena Magazine 2010–2014.
- Southern California "Super Lawyer" 2012–2014.
- Selected for The Official Best of Los Angeles Award 2014 in the category of Mediation
- Included among The National Advocates Top 100 Lawyers in 2014.
- Selected by The Corporate America Legal Elite of 2015 as "Most Compassionate Family Mediator – California."
In addition, Mr. Baer is well-known on LinkedIn for his insightful blogs on trends in Family Law, which have been widely-viewed and reposted on social media, worldwide.
Past Speaking Engagements
Mark Baer is an engaging and provocative speaker on subjects relating to Family Law, mediation and collaborative law. He has given dozens of presentations, including the following topics:
- Navigating the Emotional Currents of Collaborative Law, Panelist, American Bar Association, Family Law section: Spring CLE Conference, 2013.
- A Comparison of Dispute Resolution Methods Available in Family Law Matters,
- Co-Presenter, California Psychological Association Convention, 2013.
- Facilitating Rational Problem-Solving into an Otherwise Destructive Divorce Process, Co-Presenter, California Psychological Association Convention,
- Industry Trends and Perspective on the Future of Divorce Practice, Keynote Speaker, The Divorce Expo, Detroit, Michigan, 2012.
- Are Attorneys and the Legal System Facilitating the Creation of Post-Divorce Functional or Dysfunctional Families?, Speaker, The Financial Planning Association of the San Gabriel Valley, May 2012.
- CA LICENSE: SBN 152512, June 1991
- JD DEGREE: Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- BA DEGREE: UCLA, Major: Economics/Business
" Mark is a graduate of several of my trainings and is an excellent mediator and lawyer. Mark is a forward thinker who truly cares how families will function following a divorce. In many ways he is a poster child for a successful peacemaker." - Forrest (Woody) Mosten
"Mark is a very hard working and conscientious professional who cares about people, especially those in difficult circumstances. Mark is highly reliable and someone I have both learned from and been able to count on. Mark has a wonderful touch when it comes to leading and communicating with others. His professionalism and passion for what he does is a great influence to many. Mark exemplifies leadership and models the way for others to gain from his knowledge and insights." - Mark Adams
"Mark is truly an amazing mediator and committed to doing what is in the best interest of all parties. His ability to capture the essence of a conflict and move people to a place of empathy and compassion so as to reduce financial costs is beyond impressive."- Jinnie Cristerna