Do You Want to Modify Your Divorce?

Our Pasadena firm can make changes to your divorce agreement


After your divorce, you may wish to seek changes in the terms of the final settlement agreement ordered by the court. A change in your circumstances may prompt the need for a modification, such as a job loss, change of employment, required relocation, or some other situation. Another reason may be changes in what your children need, such as increased educational or medical support. Whatever the reasons, a modification will need to be drafted with the help of an attorney well-versed in California divorce law. It is highly recommended that you contact Pasadena divorce attorney Mark B. Baer who can provide the skilled assistance needed to accomplish this.

Mr. Baer has been practicing family law in the greater Los Angeles area since 1991 and brings a wealth of experience and skills to any family law matter. His firm is focused primarily on family law issues and on providing personal service and attention to your individual needs and goals. He understands that each case is unique, with its own set of challenges and demands and will work with you to achieve positive results.

Divorce Settlement Modifications

Once you and your ex-spouse have agreed to the new terms of the divorce, the modification can be filed with the court. This filing will make the new terms a court-ordered agreement. If you and your ex-spouse do not agree on the modification, your Pasadena divorce lawyer can negotiate with your ex-spouse's attorney or representative to come to a resolution that is acceptable to you both. If no agreement can be accomplished, a motion can be filed with the court by your attorney who will then have to provide evidence substantiating the reasons for the modifications with the court.

Do you need to modify your divorce agreement? Contact the Pasadena Divorce Modifications Attorney at the firm for the legal assistance you need today!