Law Firm Overview
Experienced Pasadena Family Law Attorney and Mediator
Mark B. Baer is an experienced family law attorney, mediator and collaborative law practitioner based in Pasadena, California. Mr. Baer uses a unique, integrative approach that utilizes law, psychology, behavioral economics, neuroscience, economics, philosophy, and other disciplines. An advocate of using consensual dispute resolution processes such as mediation and collaborative law whenever possible, Attorney Baer considers the psychological and financial health of the entire family and assists them in navigating the emotional waters of Family Law. He also helps his clients acquire new skills that can strengthen and empower them to better cope with future challenges.
- Couples with Children: Parenting Plans, Time Sharing Schedules and Child Support.
- Marriage: Pre-marital Agreements, Pre-domestic Partnership Registration Agreements, Conflict Resolution, Legal Separation, and Child Related Issues*
- Non-Married Couples: Cohabitation agreements, Conflict Resolution, Paternity, and Child-Related Issues*
- Divorce: Mediation (Mediator or Consulting Attorney), Collaborative Divorce Attorney, Spousal Support, Division of Property, and Child-Related Issues*
- Post Divorce: Spousal Support and Child-Related Issues*
- *Child-Related Issues: Parenting Plans, Time Sharing Schedules and Child Support
- CA LICENSE: SBN 152512, June 1991
- JD DEGREE: Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- BA DEGREE: UCLA, Major: Economics/Business
The Professional You Need to Resolve Your Family Law Situation
Mr. Baer knows that there is no single solution to resolve every family law situation because each comes with its own unique set of challenges and demands. Whether he is acting in his capacity as a mediator or as an attorney, he is recognized for his ability to capture the essence of a conflict and his aim to help people resolve it, right from the start. You can rely on him to utilize his vast array of information and knowledge well beyond the law itself, to assist you in accomplishing your desired result. He prides himself on the personalized service he provides that is both child-centered and psychologically-minded.
Mark Baer firmly believes that competent people making informed decisions can agree on anything they want, that is not illegal or otherwise in violation of public policy. He has written extensively about the grave mistake of confusing "legal justice" with "fundamental fairness." He feels that people should be made aware of the law in order to make informed decisions, but is against coercing them into reaching agreements based upon what someone predicts would occur inside a courtroom. In fact, unless the facts are undisputed and the law is crystal clear, he has concluded that any prediction is more perception than reality. Mr. Baer's commitment is to assist you in resolving your family law matter in the way that is most beneficial to you and your children.
Discuss Your Case with an Attorney or Mediator
Call today to discuss your case with Mr. Baer. He will help you understand the issues involved in your case and what he can do to help. You can count on him to respond promptly to phone calls and other correspondence and to keep you informed throughout the process. Mr. Baer is available during regular business hours and by appointment evenings and weekends.